We need this in Chicago
Chicago Warming Center Locations.
Baltimore and Chicago readers, be aware!
Not in either city? Reblog with your locations info, too.
- Baltimore: 410-433-5175 for Baltimore Area Homeless Shelters 24-Hour Hotline
- Boston: 617-534-2526 for Friends of Boston’s Homeless or dial 311
- Chicago: 311
- Detroit: 1-800-274-3583 and 1-800-343-4427 (starting on Monday at 6 a.m.)
- Fort Meyers/Cape Coral: (239)822-6955 (This will give you directions to Salvation Army shelters that are opening. I’m aware of the problematic nature of Salvation Army and I apologize for being unable to find a better resource for those alienated by Salvation Army)
- Kansas City, Mo.: 816-474-4599
- New York City: 311
- Milwaukee: 211
- Minneapolis: 211
- Philadelphia: 215-232-1984 for the Project HOME Homeless Outreach Hotline
- Portland: 211
- Richmond: 211
- San Francisco: 311
- Seattle: 211
- St. Louis: 314-802-5444 for the Housing Resource Center hotline (between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Mon-Friday)
- Thunder Bay, Ontario: 807-620-7678 for the SOS team (operates between 2 p.m. and 2 a.m.)
- Toronto: 311
- Washington, D.C.: 1-800-535-7252 for the Hypothermia Hotline
8 month old baby hearing his mother’s voice for the first time with cochlear implant
This is the most beautiful thing ever.
thank you science
HE WAS JUST MINDING HIS BUSINESS WITH THAT BINKY
AND THEN HE HEARD IT, AND HE STARTED SCRAMBLING TO RECOGNIZE IT
AND WHEN HE DID, OH THE WAY THE BINKY JUST DROPPED
LOOK AT HIM HE’S SO HAPPY UGH
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.This always wrecks me
This is real. And I don’t usually post things of such serious nature but, for some reason, I feel like some people need to see this.
Dog one kills me
yeah, the dog one is definitely the most tragic..